Jonathan Edwards (1703–1758) is widely acknowledged to be one of America’s most important theologians and considered a fountainhead of American evangelicalism. He not only played an important role in his own time but also influenced the generations that followed in profound ways.
Many thanks to the Jonathan Edwards Center at Yale University and Wm. B. Eerdmans Publishing Co. for this landmark volume.
- More than four hundred entries
- Wide-ranging perspective on Edwards
- Succinct synopses of topics large and small from his life, thought, and work
- Summaries of Edwards’s ideas as well as descriptions of the people and events of his times are all easy to find
- Suggestions for further reading point to ways to explore topics in greater depth.
Comprehensive and reliable, with contributions from the premier Edwards scholars in the world, this encyclopedia will be the standard reference work on one of the most extraordinary figures in American history.
Eerdmans, 700 pages, hardcover, ISBN-13: 978-0802869524
Pre-order now from Amazon.com at guaranteed price discount of $45.77