This week I’m giving a way a free copy of Intervarsity Press and Biologos’ joint effort How I Changed My Mind About Evolution.
So who should read this book? I think there are several people who need to read it:
- People who don’t believe that evolution and Christianity can be compatible. I recommend this to them, not because they should read this and “believe.” Rather It would be helpful for them to see that genuine Jesus loving Christians can hold to evolutionary theory (whether or not they are correct).
- Those who feel the tension in holding their belief in evolutionary theory and robust evangelical faith. Such people need exemplars who can show the way forward in how to hold both views together.
- People who’s “last objection” to becoming a Christian is that they need to check their rational-scientific mind at the door when coming to faith in Christ.
So if you fall into any of those categories I would love to give you a copy of the book. To win a copy of the book all you need to do is one of the following:
- Tweet out the link to this blog post or the review and mention @Cwoznicki
- Retweet my tweet about the giveaway
- Like this post
- Comment below on how this book would benefit you
I will be selecting one winner soon. Good luck!
Note: You need to live within the US to be eligible to win a copy of this book.
9 thoughts on “Book Giveaway – How I Changed My Mind About Evolution”
Reblogged this on Talmidimblogging.
I reject Darwinism since it’s Godless. However, I’m open to the possibility of evolution being correct with God guiding the process. Would this book help, maybe.
“1.People who don’t believe that evolution and Christianity can be compatible. I recommend this to them, not because they should read this and “believe.” Rather It would be helpful for them to see that genuine Jesus loving Christians can hold to evolutionary theory (whether or not they are correct).”
This is me and I work in campus ministry, and I want to be more faithful in understanding my students who hold to this position and I want to shepherd them more faithfully.
I’m an evangelical Christian who grew up with a young earth view and have since rejected the young earth view, but have not solidified my view on the origins and development of life. I fall somewhere between a old earth creationist and a evolutionary creationist, but I still am not completely sold on evolutionary creation. This book would be beneficial for me in understanding evolutionary theory without the fallacious arguments of most other evangelicals and also helping me better understand the evolutionary creationist perspective.
I’m an evangelical Christian who grew up as a young earth creationist, but have since rejected young earth creationism. I’m definitely sold on old earth creationism, but I am still having trouble with some of the evidence for evolution. This book would help me better understand evolutionary theory and the evolutionary creationist perspective.
I would benefit from hearing voices from different areas of expertise discuss how they have reconciled their faith with evolutionary science.
Thanks to everyone who participated in the book giveaway. I have already notified the winner. So if you haven’t received an email for me that means you didn’t win this time. Better luck next time!