Think about doing a different Introductory Activity besides the normal “post a little bit about yourself.” Some other ideas that would create a connection and better conversion are below. So think about changing that up a bit!
- Ask a 3 – 2 – 1 question like: 3 of your favorite songs, 2 unusual things you have eaten, 1 time you took a big risk.
- “If you didn’t have to sleep, what would you do with that extra time?”
- “Post three URLs that illustrate your favorite hobby.” Students will then comment about their experience with this hobby.
- “What’s a favorite road trip, journey, or vacation you’ve taken? Post a photo of you on the trip.”
- “What could you give a 40-minute presentation on with absolutely no preparation?”
- “Post two lies and a truth about yourself and classmates will guess which is which.”
- “What was your proudest moment in life thus far?”
Source: Fuller’s Instructional Design Team