See the CFP below:
The Aquinas Center for Theological Renewal at Ave Maria University and the Thomistic Institute of the Pontifical Faculty of the Immaculate Conception at the Dominican House of Studies present a conference on “Thomas Aquinas and the Crisis of Christology”, sponsored by the Henkels Lecture Fund, to be held on February 7-8, 2020 at Ave Maria University.
Our conference has this mission:
“But who do you say that I am?” At the decisive turning point in the Gospel, Jesus asks this question. Simon Peter answers correctly at first, but is soon corrected when he protests the revelation of the Cross. Christians in every age are called to confess right faith in Jesus, who suffered, died, and rose for our salvation. This conference considers a wide range of scriptural, historical, and systematic attempts at answering Jesus’ question and engages in the thinking of Thomas Aquinas on it. His teaching on Christ reflects a master of the sacred page who attended adroitly to the scriptural narrative of Christ’s actions and sufferings, pioneered in the West the recovery of ancient conciliar teaching, innovated in his Christological pedagogy, and elucidated Trinitarian, anthropological, sacramental, moral, and eschatological dimensions of Christology. Studying the mystery of Christ in dialogue with Aquinas can assist us in today’s crisis of Christology.
A number of acclaimed theologians are slated to deliver keynote and plenary addresses.
- Bruce Marshall, Southern Methodist University
- Thomas Joseph White, O.P., Angelicum University
- Richard Baukham, University of St. Andrews
- Oliver Crisp, Fuller Theological Seminary
- Nathan Eubank, University of Notre Dame
- Anthony Giambrone, O.P., École biblique et archéologique française de Jérusalem
- Dominic Langevin, O.P., Dominican House of Studies
- Dominic Legge, O.P., Dominican House of Studies
- Guy Mansini, O.S.B., Ave Maria University
- Matthew Ramage, Benedictine College
- Daria Spezzano, Providence College
The Aquinas Center invites scholars and professionals to submit abstracts for a 20-minute presentation.
Brief proposals should be submitted to email@example.com by August 1, 2019.
Notification of acceptance will be given by December 1, 2019.